|A randomized double-blind placebo-controlled study with Saccharomyces cerevisiae CNCM I-3856, 500mg per day for 8 weeks, was carried out on 200 volunteers with IBS.
- After the 2nd week of consumption, subjects felt a significant reduction in abdominal pain (significant difference between placebo and active product).
- 63% of subjects experienced an improvement in their pain/discomfort score during the 2nd month of consumption (significant difference between placebo and active product).
- CNCM I-3856 also showed a rebalancing effect of the intestinal microflora.
|Multi-centric randomized double-blind placebo-controlled study on the effect of Saccharomyces cerevisiae CNCM I-3856, 1,000 mg per day for 12 weeks, was carried out on 379 volunteers with IBS-C.
- Subjects consuming CNCM I-3856 felt a significant easing of their abdominal pain and discomfort from the 1st week onwards (significant difference between placebo and active product).
- They also felt significantly improvement in all symptoms (abdominal/intestinal pain and discomfort, bloating, flatulence and constipation).
|A large consumer study (1160 participants with abdominal discomfort) was carried out by 150 medical doctors.
- 96% of CNCM I-3856 consumers reported a significant improvement of gastrointestinal discomfort symptoms.
- 64% of subjects felt a significant easing of their abdominal pain.
- 70% of subjects also felt significantly less bloated.
- This improvement was obtained by 77% of subjects within the first 15 days of consumption.